Friday 16 December 2011

WINTER IN LAUSANNE


 

It's a grey old day in Lausanne.  The morning began with drizzly rain which I'm sure was part sleet by the feel of it.  When I checked online it was 3 degrees with a wind chill of -3 degrees.   Yikes!!




Early afternoon it did it's best to fine up so I thought I'd pop back out while it looked good and try to get a few photos.




Deciding to walk down to Port d'Ouchy ( really don't know how to pronounce it) via the very steep hills that make up Lausanne, by the time I was half way down the wind had whipped back up and clouds were rolling over the mountains again.


Looking out over Port d'Orchy to Lake Geneve


boating is very popular on the lake, today they are all battened down

these birds flew up into the air as I approached

someone had just thrown them some bread and the seagulls and swans were having a field day fighting over it

the lake was very choppy

clouds and rain coming over the mountains

sculpture on the waterfront

closed down for the winter

first swiss style house I've seen in Lausanne


Back to Paris tomorrow where wind, rain and possibly snow is also predicted.  White Christmas anyone?? 

Au revoir

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment