Thursday 1 September 2011

IN MY GARDEN TODAY



Wistaria bud
The first day of spring and it is perfectly glorious.  I am quite sure we will still feel the bite of winter at some stage in the next few weeks but for today.....it is spring!!

flowering peach

felicia margeurite daisy
Feeling a bit drained today after yesterday attending my fifth funeral this year.  I accept that death is a part of life but there has been a lot of it this year for some of us in my circle.
perennial cineraria

So I decided i needed the therapy of deadheading my cinerarias with a spot, only a spot because as you might know it can soon become the whole garden, of weeding.  This did the job so then I came back inside for a well deserved coffee.  I need to make some dessert for a gathering tomorrow, some biscuits for fathers day gifts and morning tea for sunday as well.  So will get into the books and see what I can bake to continue the therapy.
poppies

freesias

may bush flowers




I have also been playing with my camera to get used to the different settings, after having it for only 2 years! and have discovered the macro setting which is perfect for the blooms that are popping up all over the place. I am pretty pleased with the results even if I do say so myself.

poppy bud
violet





There will be lots of practising with the different settings over the next 8 weeks so that I can quickly snap what I see when I am overseas from the end of October.  I am hoping to post lots of lovely scenes as well as snaps of all the delicious food I expect to be indulging in.  As well as lots and lots of walking
wistaria blossoms
 I know I've put in lots of photos today but I simply could not resist this wonderful glimpse of the coming weeks as Spring dresses herself in her best fashion. i have also been a little obsessed this year.  they have done particularly well both here and, I noticed, in Tamworth. There is something so exotic, lush, decadent and luxurious about them.  A lot of adjectives I know but they seem to require lots to try and do them  justice.



lavender spike


pride of maderia or echium


old mens beard or spanish moss


arum lilly




magnolia blooms
I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.  Next time I'll have a recipe

Enjoy

Jo

ps. one last photo!
sunset on the first day of spring

No comments:

Post a Comment